23rd July 2018 - DSCallards Ltd, specialists in delivering end-to-end SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence solutions, are excited to announce the availability of SAP BI 4.2 SP6.
SAP BI 4.2 SP6 delivers many awaited features and incremental enhancements so as to create the foundation for all follow-up releases and meeting the high expectations of SAP’s large customer base.
The new features focus on:
- Web Intelligence Interactive Viewer: Auto-refresh mode, Enable Drill, Filter Bar, Charts Animation, Customisation Support
- Web Intelligence Analysis and Reporting: Time Dimension, View-Time Security Filtering, Intra Document Linking, Automatically Add Measures in Break Footer, Page Number Formula Per Section, Display PDF Bookmark, New Charts and Table Style, New Chart Options
- Web Intelligence Query
- Text File Data Source, Refreshable Option
- Web Intelligence Opendoc URL: Simplified Mode, Export to PDF, SAP BW and SAP HANA Complex Parameters
- Universe Stored Procedure
- Information Design Tool Usability Enhancements
- Supported Databases of Connection Server
- BI Sets: Calendars Materialisation, Enhancement in Visual and Query Panels Steps, Scoring, Newly Supported Databases
- SAP Live Office Enhancements
- Visual Intelligence: New HTML User Interface, Web Intelligence Metadata Comparison
Keith Fisher, Senior BI Consultant, DSCallards, commented: "The best keeps getting better: SAP have released service pack 6 for SAP BusinessObjects 4.2 and have shown their dedication to the on-premise platform with a raft of exciting enhancements. The improvements to Web Intelligence and Universe design are significant: automatic time dimensions; improved document linking; new chart types; chart animations and auto-refresh settings are all added. In the Information Design Tool you can now use stored procedures as data-sources, and there are a host of usability improvements. On the platform there are upgrades 'under the hood' for performance and security, changes to the Fiori BI Launch Pad, and extra tasks and options in the process-automation framework."
Keith went onto say, " SAP Crystal customers will also get the benefits of the platform and Universe design enhancements, additional functionality in Live Office, and more supported functions and formats in SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise. Service pack 6 brings some long-awaited enhancements and fresh options to the established tool-set, while also developing the new Fiori Interactive Viewer in exciting ways. These upgrades will bring real benefits to your reporting and offer fresh perspectives on your data."
For further information on the new features click here.